Volunteers – Tampa Bay Women’s Business Centre
We have openings for volunteers in the Tampa Bay Women’s Business Centre. All volunteer positions are remote and online. Assist with marketing, writing, design, video, data entry or research projects. Your experience is needed! We have a lot of wonderful new initiatives starting this year and would love your help. If you are interested, please contact Dr. Kerry – firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Mentors – Tampa Bay Women’s Business Centre
We have openings for volunteer mentors in the Tampa Bay Women’s Business Centre. All volunteer positions are remote and online. Share your expertise and experience with our clients by becoming a mentor. Mentors help coach clients who want to start a new business or expand their existing business. So many of our clients are looking for mentors to share their ideas and seek guidance. It is incredibly rewarding to see the results that your guidance and encouragement has on our wonderful group of female entrepreneurs. If interested, please email Dr. Kerry: email@example.com
Volunteers – High Rise Gardening Club
If you love gardening but miss having a yard, join the High Rise Gardening Club at the Helen Gordon Davis Centre for Women. It’s a wonderful way to spend time in nature while volunteering to help women. We are looking for volunteers to: plant flower, landscape the ground, donate flowers, plants & gardening tools, If interested, please contact: Dr. Kerry – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crew I - Full Time (with Benefits)
POSITION: Light Construction – Crew I
DEPARTMENT: Construction Services
REPORTS TO: Construction Project Manager / Crew Chief
MAJOR FUNCTION: To assist with home repairs and modification under the Supervision of Construction Project Manager/Crew Chief.
- To assist with basic carpentry, drywall, cabinet work door/window replacement, ceramic tile work, minor plumbing repairs and painting under the Supervision of the Project Supervisor / Crew Chief or Crew Leader.
- To perform preparation duties necessary to make repairs.
- To accurately complete all work in a neat and professional manner.
- Maintain vehicle and work site clean and safe work environment for staff and consumers.
- To accurately complete required administrative paperwork and submit in a timely manner. Learn and assist supervisors with consumer related documentation.
- To complete daily vehicle inspections, cleaning, safe storage and inventory of parts and equipment onboard vehicles, reporting any damaged tools to Supervisor Immediately.
- To properly use all construction materials and safe handling of all power and hand tools.
- To report any incidents immediately to Supervisor.
- To work with the elderly in a kind and understanding way.
- To attend and participate in all training as assigned.
- To perform other duties as applicable to this position.
- To consistently treat others with respect and dignity. To maintain confidentiality and to abide by the organization’s Code of Ethical Behavior.
- To support the organization’s mission, vision and values. To represent the organization in a positive light. To support public relations activities.
- To work effectively as a team player to support organizational goals.
- To consistently demonstrate effective communication skills necessary to perform job responsibilities including listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- To demonstrate reliability and to follow through on assignments and commitments.
- To comply with the organization’s safety policies and to promote a safe work environment.
Have basic knowledge and ability of various aspects of general home repairs. Must be a self-starter, team-oriented, and have the ability to learn new tasks. Demonstrate a positive attitude, adaptability, and dependability. Must have the ability to work with a diverse group of staff, consumers, and their family members. Must pass Level II background screen and drug screen prior to employment. Must pass a Florida Department of Motor Vehicles Department driving record check in order to drive company or personal vehicles to conduct company business. Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and current automobile insurance (if personal automobile owned.) Must be able to lift heavy objects, push, pull, bend, stoop, climb ladders, talk, hear, and see. Able to work with exposure to outside elements, chemicals, and a home environment that may have multiple pets.