The Centre for Women is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace
DEPARTMENT: Office of Advancement
REPORTS TO: Director of Advancement/Director of The Centre for Girls
The Advancement Coordinator provides community relations and administrative support for the Office of Advancement and The Centre for Girls to assist in marketing, events and fund development.
1. Event Coordination
• Serves as the point person for planning and executing events, keeping track of money, and coordinating logistics.
• Assists Director in planning monthly Brown Bag Lunch-and-Learns. Arranges refreshments, room set up, equipment needs and publicity.
• Assists Director with quarterly Women's Leadership Lunches. Arranges venue and handles logistics, tracks ticket sales and sponsor income.
• Assists with annual Waves of Change and Gourmet Feastival fundraisers and other events that may be added to calendar.
• Process and track bills related to events; Keep roster of accounts payable to track pledges and sponsor revenue. Reconcile financial reports with Finance Manager.
2. Membership Coordination
• Advances Member Program by tracking current members, identifying new members
• Expands opportunities for member benefits
• Serves as point person for communicating with members via email and mailings as directed by Advancement Director.
3. Fund Development
• Update and generate email lists to contact members, vendors and volunteers for nonprofit events.
• Track of all charitable gifts and create monthly reports to be given to Executive Director and Finance Department.
• Assist Executive Office Administrator with recording gifts and generating thank you letters for donors.
• Set up a recording process and maintain records in fundraising database.
• Recruit, schedule, and ensure a positive experience for volunteers.
4. Marketing Assistance
• Assist the director with production and distribution of all print and virtual public relations and marketing materials, including newsletters and updates, and annual reports. Experience with Adobe Suite Indesign, Photoshop.
• Create monthly calendars for The Centre's programs.
• Maintain updated Medial Relations contact list. Solicit information from Program Directors for monthly e-newsletler and write press releases & media advisories.
• Assists with Community Relations by attending offsite events as request and taking turns at the reception desk as needed.
5. Volunteer Coordination• Identify volunteer opportunities within the organization and coordinate and manage the volunteers
• Tracking current volunteers, and finding other avenues to identifying new volunteers
• Coordinate and train volunteers for events we produce
• Serves as point person for communicating with volunteers via Email, phone and mailings
Applicant will have three to five years of experience in fundraising, special events and communications for a nonprofit. Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred. Experience with donor database management; Experience with Adobe Suite Indesign, Photoshop, Microsoft office Suite of Products; Constant Contact and Social Media outlets. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Positive Attitude with friendly, outgoing personality. Position requires menial as well as meaningful work. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a "whatever-it-takes to get the job done approach" a plus. Ability to succeed independently and as part of a team. Must be able to lift 25lbs for event set-ups and tear-downs. Job may require some evenings or weekends.